Have you ever had to be in a congress where Donald Trump said disparaging things about women or have you ever had to sit to watch the TV to hear the great American President speak but you end up leaving in disappointment because all you hear in-between words are anti-feminist statements?
Well, that’s who we elected. At a point, I thought it was a means to gain the attention of some sects in the society during his presidential campaign but I got it all wrong. It’s who he is. Before we look at some of his quotes, let’s see if Trump can be considered a misogynist.
Being a Misogynist
There has been lot of questions on why Donald Trump would treat ladies as he likes. Not only does he talk ill about the female sex, he goes on to tweet his thoughts. He says all sort without making a conscious and an unconscious effort to think about the effect of what he says on the female sex.
Being a misogynist mainly involves having a natural hatred for women, discriminating against women and belittling their importance in life. Well, Trump has actually shown all of these trait in his comments about women irrespective of class or grade.
From his statements, I have been able to deduce that not only does he dislike women and see them as lesser beings, he uses his indifferent interest in women as a means to protect his own interest and gain popularity amongst people of same mind-set.
By stylishly bringing in unremarkable comments about women he manipulates people to navigate his way in achieving a goal. While some people may even denied their misogynist mind-set, it is quite obvious that Donald Trump is not from such school of thought.
His sexist standpoint was further revealed when Washington post published his conversation with Anchor-man Billy Bush in October 2016. In the posted he was quoted saying ‘I don’t even wait, and when you’re a star, then let you do it, you can do anything… grab them by the pussy.’’
People have wondered how easy it was for him to use the p-word. Much more, how convenient it was for him to imply that he can assault without being reprimanded. Though he denied it (since he knew it could jeopardize his career) but Billy Bush stood his ground by stating that the president had lied.
Louise Sunshine who worked for Donald Trump in his real estate business for about 12 years told Washington post how she had to make conscious effort to maintain her weight all through her years of appointment.
According to her, the business mogul kept a fat picture of hers in his drawer and anytime she did something offensive to him, he would pull out and stare at him to remind him that she wasn’t perfect.
It was also recorded that he diminished the importance of his wife, Ivana during an interview with Vanity Fair. He had unapologetically stated how he would never buy her decent jewels of pictures. In his words ‘Why give her negotiable assets?’ So it is safe to say he practically meant that she is incapable to manage any of his assets.
While everyone thought he would desist from this act upon appointment into office, he seemed not to even care about anyone’s opinion as he further tweets on any one that catches his interest.
27 shocking Trump’s quote about women
- He called women ‘beautiful piece of ass’ – ‘You know, it doesn’t matter what they write as long as you’ve got a young beautiful piece of ass’
- His comment about Ice skater Katarina- ‘Wonderful looking while on the ice but up close and personal, she could only be described as attractive if you like a woman with a bad complexion who is built like a linebacker.’
- Interview with ABC news in 1994- ‘I think that putting a wife to work is a very dangerous thing. Unfortunately, after they’re a star, the fun is over for me.’
- When he bought the form for miss USA- When he was asked how he was going to change the pageant, he said ‘I’m going to get the bathing suits to be smaller and the heels to be higher’
- When he answered a question concerning Princess Diana- Howard Stern asked him why people think it is proud of him to have said he could have gotten Princess Diana. In his words ‘You could’ve gotten her right? You could have nailed her.’ And Trump replied ‘I think I could have.’’. Not so much respect for a princess.
- When he gave a list of the people he wanted to lay with- They include: Melanin Krauss, Ivana, Princess Diana, Michelle Pfeiffer, Cameron Diaz, Julia Roberts, Cindy Crawford, Mariah Careh, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Diane Sawyer. What an interesting list!
- In an interview with Daily News: In 2004, Trump stated ‘All the women on ‘The Apprentice’ flirted with me’ He went further to brag how the flirtatious act was expected of them
- He stated how he could have committed incest with his daughter’- ‘If Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I would be dating her.’ Check this video
- In his comment about comedian Rosie O’Donnell physique- ‘Rosie O’Donnel is disgusting, both inside and out. If you take a look at her, she is a slob. How does she even get on television? If I were running ‘The View’ I’d fire Rosie. I’d look her right in the fat and ugly face of hers and say, ‘Rosie, you’re fired’.’ He continued by acknowledging how everyone has the tendency to be chubby but outrightly condemned O’Donell saying ‘Rosie is a very unattractive person, both inside and out,’
- He called out Angelina Jolie on a National TV- Donal Trump addressed Angelina Jolie on Larry King’s show saying ‘I really do not understand beauty. And I will tell you. she’s not- I so own Miss universe, I do own Miss USA. I mean I owe a lot of different things. I do understand beauty, and she’s not.
- Calls out Anne Hathaway- Upon separating with her husband after his financial difficulties, Trump in a conversation with Access Hollywood states ‘So when he had plenty of money, she liked him but then after that, not a s good, right?’
- He called an opposing lawyer disgusting- While in court testifying over a failed real estate project, the opposing lawyer, Elizabeth Beck had requested that she needed to take a break so as to breastfeed her daughter but Trump objected. Without seeing the need to argue with him, she went ahead to breastfeed her daughter. It was documented that Trump walked out calling her ‘disgusting’
- In his criticism towards Cher’s appearance- While Cher had earlier criticised Donald Trump’s friend, he responded on his twitter page ‘I don’t wear rug-it’s mine. And I promise not to talk about your massive plastic surgeries that didn’t work’
- His constant insult towards Arianna Huffington; Trump is known to never cease to hurl abuses at Huffington, the co-founder of Huffington Post. While he could have directly opposed her liberal views, he goes on to address her looks and her personal life. One of this is his tweet when she had issues with her husband ‘@ariannahuff is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man- he made a good decision.
- Calls Arianna Hufington ugly- As if his tweets about her was not enough, he tweets again ‘How much money is the extremely unattractive Arianna Huffington paying her poop ex-husband for the use of his name.’
- Belittles Hillary Clinton’s achievement- ‘If Hillary Clinton were to be a man, I don’t think she’d get 5% of the vote’. So was he trying to say being a woman is an advantage?
- He insult to Carly Fiorina- Carly Fiorina was Trump’s republican rival. He was noted to have said ‘Look at that face, would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president? I mean, she’s a woman and I am not supposed to say bad things but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?
- When Clinton confronted him on women issues- Upon Clinton’s confrontation, he said ‘Amazing that crooked Hillary can do a hit ad on me concerning women when her husband was the worst abuser of women in US political history.’
- When he constantly mansplained Hillary Clinton in the first TV debate- In the first TV debated, Trump was noted to have constantly mansplained by talking over Hillary. In his statements he said ‘She doesn’t have the look. She doesn’t have the stamina.’ ‘She is not strong enough to cope with the job.’
- He insulted co-host and TV presenter, Mika Brzezinski- Just in his first year of presidency, the president attacked the female presenter by saying ‘I heard poorly rated “Morning Joe speaks badly of me (don’t watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with psycho Joe came to Mar-a-lago 3 nights in a row around New Year’s Eve and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face life. I said no!’’
- In 2017, he insulted Hillary Clinton again- The President took to his twitter page to tweet ‘Crooked Hillary Clinton is the worst (and biggest) loser of all time. She just can’t stop, which is no good for the Republican Party. Hillary, get on with your life and give it another try in three years!’’
- His comment on Senator Kirsten Gillibrand- He took to his twitter page to tweet ‘Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office ‘’begging’’ for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED!’’
- With all he had said, he tries to convince everyone of his opinion about women- With constant confrontations, he states ‘’I have tremendous respect for women and the many roles they serve that are vital to the fabric of our society and our economy. On international Women’s day, join me in honouring the critical role of women here in America & around the world.’’
- When he surprisingly appeared at the ‘‘Conversation with the women of America’’ – In the conference which held in January 2018, the president stated ‘’Women represent half of the population, but they care about 100 percent of the issues’’
- He diminishing comment about Elizabeth Warren during an interview on Fox and Friends – The president stated ‘Well, I actually thinks she’s a hopeless case. I call her Pocahontas and that’s an insult to Pocahontas. I actually think that she is somebody who has a lot of hatred, a lot of anger. ‘’
- In his suggestive expression to replace Sonia Sotomayor- In what seems like being too brief, he stated ‘’Her heath, no good. Diabetes.’’
- His criticism towards Florida Representative, Frederica Wilson- Since Frederica decided to defend Johnson in reaction to earlier issue with The president, Trump replied by tweeting ‘Democrat Congresswoman totally fabricated what I said to the wife of a soldier who died in action (and I have proof). Sad! I hope the Fake News Media keeps talking about Wacky Congresswoman Wilson in that she, as a representative is killing the Democratic Party,’’
This YouTube video gives a compiled instances of Donald Trump’s sexist statements
Whether blatantly or indirectly, Donald Trump has said so many things concerning the female sex and that makes feeling about females so obvious. Most women have tried to stop him by commenting on his attitude but all their efforts have been unyielding as they end up being a victim of his use of disparaging words
Those who have considered him as a misogynist thinks he would never change. However, women who have the power stand against him have planned to continue to speak up irrespective.
Drop your questions and opinions in the comment session. Share for someone else to be informed.
You Also Might Be Interested In: How To Find Out If He's Cheating On You (3 Effective Methods)