False eyelashes can be a great addition to your makeup when you need to have a fabulous look. On the market there are available different types of eyelashes, and for each of these the best eyelash glue may mean something different.
The first thing to determine when searching for the best eyelash glue is the type of eyelashes that best suit your needs. Based on this, you can then search and choose a glue suitable for the type of false eyelash you wish to use. Because the choice is not as simple as it may seem, we will describe below the various types of eyelash glues and for what types of false eyelashes they can be used. Then, we will also reveal which is the best eyelash glue available on the market.
- 1 The Different Types of Eyelash Glues
- 2 Marketing Tactics to be Aware Of
- 3 Best Five Eyelash Glues
- 3.1 Duo Brush On Striplash Adhesive
- 3.2 Revlon Precision Lash Adhesive
- 3.3 Callas Eyelash Adhesive
- 3.4 Cardani Latex Free Secure Hold Glue for False Eyelashes
- 3.5 Kiss I Envy Super Strong Hold Eyelash Adhesive Latex Free
- 4 Conclusions and Final Pick
The Different Types of Eyelash Glues
The eyelash glue, also known as eyelash adhesive, is a cosmetic product used to fix and hold the false eyelashes either on the lash line or between the natural eyelashes. Depending on the false eyelash to be used, the glue will be different.
We can distinguish between two main eyelash glue categories, the ones used for strip lashes and the ones used for individual lashes. Let’s see the differences between these two.
- Strip eyelash glues usually have a latex-based composition and a gummy texture, although more advanced formulas can be latex-free. These glues are used to stick the strip of the eyelash directly on the skin of the eyelid, as closely as possible to the natural eyelash line. This type of glues can also be used with individual eyelashes if you want to fix them for a short term. If used to fix strip eyelashes, the removal is easy and quick, and you should not need any special solutions for the removal. However, if you use this type of glue to fix individual eyelashes, you will need to use a removal solution as this type of eyelashes stick directly on the natural lash and are harder to remove.
- Individual eyelash glues have special formulas which ensure long lasting for up to 6 weeks. This type of glue is used to apply the individual eyelashes on the natural ones, without touching the eyelid. Because the formula of this type of adhesive is strong you will need a very small quantity of glue to fix each eyelash. To remove the false eyelashes it will be necessary to use a special solvent or you may risk strapping your natural eyelashes during removal. This type of glue must not be used to fix strip eyelashes because it is not flexible and would probably damage the sensitive skin of the eyelid.
Another important thing to consider before choosing the right eyelash glue is the product’s color. Generally, eyelash glues come in two versions: transparent or black. Depending on your experience, natural eyelash color and desired makeup finish, you should choose the most suitable option from these two.
- Transparent glues are ideal for those with less experience in fixing false eyelashes, as it will not be visible once dried. You should also consider using a transparent glue if your natural eyelashes have a light color, if you wish to use light-colored false eyelashes or if the density of the eyelashes is rather low.
- Colored glues are ideal for those with natural black or dark brown eyelashes or if you opt for smokey-eyes makeup and wish to apply black eyeliner to finish your look. Consider, however, that if you want to use an eyeliner of any other color, a black glue is probably unsuitable.
The last thing to consider is whether you need a waterproof formula or a regular eyelash glue. Waterproof formulas ensure a stronger and more secure hold, but are harder to remove compared to regular glues. To determine which type of glue you need, take into account that if you need to use waterproof mascara, you will probably need to use waterproof eyelash glue as well.
Regardless which type of eyelash glue you choose, remember to perform a spot test on your forearm to check for any allergic reactions to the product before using it. Perform the test minimum 24 hours before using and read the applying instructions that come with the glue, as they may vary depending on the brand.
Marketing Tactics to be Aware Of
Many manufacturers advertise their eyelash glues as being the best using unfair marketing strategies to attract customers. Here are a few things you should be aware of when purchasing any eyelash glue.
- Surgical grade eyelash adhesive. This is nothing but a marketing strategy used to attract uninformed customers. Surgical adhesive exists and has some similarities with eyelash glues, but it is a totally different product which should never be used for fixing false eyelashes.
- Approved by FDA. Another commonly used marketing tactic is advertising “FDA approved” eyelash glues. The truth is that not even one eyelash glue available on the market is approved by FDA. That doesn’t mean you can’t find a high-quality eyelash glue though, since many brands produce formaldehyde-free adhesives.
- Hypoallergenic. Unfortunately this is another untrue marketing strategy used by many manufacturers. In reality hypoallergenic eyelash glues do not exist. If you have sensitive eyes, pay attention to choose a product which is latex-free and doesn’t contain formaldehyde, fragrances and parabens.
Keeping in mind these tricks used to promote eyelash glues, and considering the characteristics of each glue type, let’s see which is the best eyelash glue available on the market. Because individual eyelash glues should be used by professionals, we will only recommend strip eyelash glues suitable for home use.
Best Five Eyelash Glues
|Duo Brush On Striplash Adhesive||$$$|
|Revlon Precision Lash Adhesive||$$$|
|Callas Eyelash Adhesive||$$$$$|
|Cardani Latex Free Secure Hold Glue for False Eyelashes||$$$$|
|Kiss I Envy Super Strong Hold Eyelash Adhesive Latex Free||$$$$|
Duo Brush On Striplash Adhesive
With its formaldehyde and latex free formula, the Duo Brush On Striplash Adhesive is one of the best eyelash glues available on the market suitable for those with sensitive eyes. The adhesive features an ultra-thin brush ideal for precise and quick application. This eyelash glue can be used to apply both strip eyelashes and individual lashes, while its specially designed formula makes the glue last throughout the day. This eyelash glue from Duo comes in both white/clear and dark options. The first version is ideal for beginners and for those desiring a natural look. The dark version match very well with the natural black or dark brown eyelashes and is suitable for those who want a “Hollywood” finish for their makeup.Check Price on Amazon
Things We Liked
- Easy to apply: thanks to the ultra-thin brush this eyelash glue is much easier to apply compared with Duo adhesives that come in tubes.
- Quick drying: this adhesive needs only 30 seconds to dry. This feature makes it a great choice if you don’t like to spend much time fixing your false eyelashes.
- Odor free: this eyelash glue from Duo does not have an unpleasant smell, a frequent issue for many similar products.
- Suitable for sensitive eyes: the formaldehyde and latex free formula is suitable for those with sensitive eyes or for those who wear contact lenses.
Things We Didn't Like
- Some users claim that this adhesive does not last more than a few hours. However, one must consider that this product is designed for the short term fixing of the false eyelashes.
Revlon Precision Lash Adhesive
From the famous cosmetic and beauty tools manufacturer Revlon comes this great false eyelash glue, the Precision Lash Adhesive. This is a latex-free, waterproof glue designed to hold your false lashes in place for the whole day. Using the ultra-thin brush applicator you will be able to apply the right amount of glue on the eyelashes strip, preventing any mess. This is a clear eyelash glue and compared with similar products it really dries clear. With this glue the removal of the false eyelashes is also very easy, being sufficient to just peel them off. However, for sensitive eyes it is recommended to use a makeup remover to wipe away the glue before removing the eyelashes.Check Price on Amazon
Things We Liked
- Long lasting: this eyelash glue from Revlon holds the false eyelashes in place for the whole day. You will not have to worry about your eyelashes slipping off and you will not need to retouch the glue.
- Dries clear: the Precision Lash Adhesive dries completely clear, becoming invisible on the skin. This is a great feature, as most clear adhesive dry with a yellowish shade.
- Waterproof: this glue is designed to hold your false eyelashes in all circumstances. This means you don’t have to worry about rain, tears or sweat, and you can even use them when you go swimming.
- Accessible: coming from a well-established manufacturer, this adhesive can be easily found in drugstores, supermarkets or online shops. The price is also great.
Things We Didn't Like
- It takes a little longer for the glue to become ready to stick on the eyelid. If this might not be a major inconvenient for most users, it is still unsuitable if you are in a hurry.
Callas Eyelash Adhesive
Another latex-free eyelash glue ideal for those with sensitive eyes is this Eyelash Adhesive from the Korean manufacturer Callas. Similar to the eyelash glues we already talked about, this adhesive does not come in a tube, but in a small bottle with a brush applicator. Callas produce this Eyelash Adhesive in both clear and colored versions. The product can be applied on the eyelid after just a few seconds after it was applied to the eyelash strip and keeps the lashes in place for a long time. The formula is also waterproof.Check Price on Amazon
Things We Liked
- Fast to apply: this glue becomes tacky in just a few seconds and adheres to the eyelid immediately, making false eyelash both easy and fast to apply.
- Ultra-thin brush: the Callas Eyelash Adhesive boasts an ultra-thin brush, ideal to apply the glue on the lash strip and to make any retouch during the day.
- Invisible when dried: the clear version of this eyelash glue dries without any yellowish shade, becoming invisible once the product is completely dried. On the other hand, the black version blends very well with most black eyeliners being a great choice if you want a perfect look.
- Easy to remove: at the end of the day you can simply remove the false eyelashes peeling them off, as it is very unlikely that the adhesive will strap off you natural eyelashes.
Things We Didn't Like
- This eyelash glue becomes thick and difficult to apply after several uses. It will still do its job, but you will need some patience to deal with it and for some consumers this may be frustrating.
Cardani Latex Free Secure Hold Glue for False Eyelashes
Advertised as a professional false eyelash glue this product is formulated to last even for a few days. The thin brush is ideal for a no-mess application and it dries completely clear. This glue comes in a clear version, which makes it a great choice for the unexperienced users. To make it suitable for sensitive eyes, the Cardani Latex Free Secure Hold Glue has a specially developed formula that is latex-free, sulfate-free and gluten-free. The manufacturer also advertises this product as being vegan and cruelty-free. The adhesive can be easily removed with warm water or makeup remover.Check Price on Amazon
Things We Liked
- Doesn’t become clear until completely dry: the glue has a blue shade which doesn’t become clear until the product is completely dry. This is a great feature, as you will be able to see when is the right moment to apply the mascara.
- Excellent holding: compared with similar products, the Cardani Latex Free Secure Hold Glue is stickier and holds better and longer.
- Designed for sensitive eyes: the Cardani eyelash glue is one of the best products on the market for sensitive eyes, since it is gluten-free, sulfate-free and latex-free. It also does not contain parabens and formaldehyde.
- Great customer service: if you experience any issues with the product, the company has a very efficient customer service.
Things We Didn't Like
- The watery formula takes a long time to dry and it might be difficult to apply by newbies. However, once you get used to the formula you will be able to apply the glue without creating any mess.
Kiss I Envy Super Strong Hold Eyelash Adhesive Latex Free
The last entry in our top five is the Kiss I Envy Super Strong Hold Eyelash Adhesive Latex Free, another great eyelash glue available on the market. Kiss I Envy boasts a formaldehyde and latex-free formula, is easy to use and dries pretty fast. The glue holds the false eyelashes in place throughout the day and it can be easily removed. One thing the manufacturer should improve is the odor of this glue, as some users complained about it having a strange smell. Despite this inconvenience, the Kiss I Envy Super Strong Hold Eyelash Adhesive Latex Free is a quality product suitable for those with sensitive eyes as well.Check Price on Amazon
Things We Liked
- Strong hold: this eyelash glue is able to keep the false eyelashes in place for a long time, being ideal if you need to attend an event, such as a wedding.
- Easy to remove: the false eyelashes can be removed easily by peeling them off at the end of the day. Alternatively, you can just use a small amount of makeup remover.
- Fast to apply: with this eyelash glue you don’t have to wait for the formula to get tacky before applying. This means you can save precious time applying the false eyelashes immediately.
- Two versions: this glue can be purchased in a clear version, which dries off invisible, and in a dark version that perfectly blends with the eyeliner to create a sophisticate finish.
Things We Didn't Like
- Some users complained that the extra glue comes out of the bottle after it is used several times, being quite messy. As the glue is hard to clean from the surfaces, this can be a frustrating issue.
Conclusions and Final Pick
All five products we have talked about share similar features, all being suitable for sensitive eyes and easy to apply thanks to the brush applicator. However, the one we think is the best eyelash glue available on the market is the Cardani Latex Free Secure Hold Glue for False Eyelashes.
We chose this eyelash glue as being the best for two reasons. First, it is the only eyelash glue among the five which claims to be cruelty free and vegan. Second, this product is designed for sensitive eyes, its special formula being not only free of latex and gluten, two important allergens, but also free of parabens and formaldehyde.
In addition to these important features, the fact that it has a neon blue color when wet is another great characteristic, as you will be able to see when the glue is completely dry. Being advertised as a professional eyelash glue, the Cardani Latex Free Secure Hold Glue for False Eyelashes is also able to hold the false eyelashes in place for a really long time.
The manufacturer could improve the consistence of the glue, making it less watery. This would reduce the drying time and it would be easier to handle by the beginners. Despite this minor inconvenience, this is an excellent product with an affordable price, being probably the best eyelash glue for home use you can find.
You Also Might Be Interested In: How To Find Out If He's Cheating On You (3 Effective Methods)